CISC does not collect or retain any personal information by virtue of a computer user visiting any part or portion of this web site.
If you submit a question or inquiry, CISC may refer your request to an outside third party expert, including any personally identifiable information in your e-mail or faxed request for the purposes of responding to your request.
CISC does maintain a Mailing List database for delivery of information on the design of steel structures, codes and standards, upcoming education courses and seminars to a wide range of organizations, individuals, government departments and officials (e.g. building and fire officials), architects, engineers, detailers, educators and anyone else interested in economical and efficient design of steel structures. Advantage Steel/Advantage Acier is the CISC magazine featuring articles on recent developments and steel structures and is an example of the material sent to those on the CISC mailing list.
The CISC Mailing List database contains an individual name and /or organization name, title, department and postal address, and may also include telephone numbers, fax numbers and an e-mail address. Any person or organization that wishes to have their name and associated information removed from the CISC Mailing List database should contact CISC Head Office.
CISC does not share the information in its Mailing List database with any other organizations but may distribute material from other steel industry organizations for the sole purpose of providing to designers new information on products or educational seminars on steel structures.
CISC also collects delivery, billing and payment information from individuals and organizations purchasing publications and computer software. Access to this information is limited to those staff who are aware of the sensitive nature of the information disclosed to us and have been trained in the appropriate uses and protection of that information. This information is retained only for as long as required by law, financial auditors and good accounting practices.
What information do we collect?
Using our chat services:
We collect the following information when you use the olark chat service:
– Session identifier that is used to keep track of a single at session.
– A visitor identifier to remember a visitor between visits.
– Olark Loader version used for improved caching.
– Detecting when storage contexts have changed due to things like ssl or host transitions.
– A storage identifier used to maintain chat state across pages.
– Storing the most recent Olark site for security purposes.
Functionality of the website:
– Storing the language preferences of a user to serve up content in that stored language the next time user visit the website.
– Calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site’s analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors.
– Store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form.