Several CISC regions provide bursaries at the undergraduate and graduate level:
Ontario University Scholarship Awards ($2,000)
$2,000 University Scholarship for Structural Steel Design Studies
The Ontario Regional Committee awarded scholarships in 2011 to students who excelled in their steel design courses, seven of which were presented to engineering students and two to architectural students. Chosen recipients were selected based on input from their professors at each respective institution. The 2011 Scholarships went to:
- Carleton University – Jacob Hertz
- McMaster University – Matthew Scott
- Ryerson University, Architectural
- Ryerson University, Engineering – Bradley Maguire
- University of Toronto, Architectural
- University of Toronto, Engineering – Izabela Bugan
- University of Western Ontario – Graeme Johnston
- Waterloo University – Kan Zhang
- Windsor University
Please join us in congratulating the recipients.
The awards were given out as part of the 21st annual Spring Reception held May 19, 2011 in Mississauga.
The awards are given by CISC Ontario in partnership with the member sponsors of the program.
- Dymin Steel
- M & G Steel
- Mirage Steel
- Telco Steel Works
- Walters Inc.