- Create and develop structural steel models based on the contract documents using SDS/2 steel detailing software.
- Design bolted and welded joints for structural members.
- Prepare fabrication (shop) drawings and erection drawings as required.
- Help to coordinate projects and/or check drawings prepared by others.
- Maintain a current working knowledge and understanding of the latest version of the AISC Steel Construction Manual as it relates to connection design, detailing practices, steel member dimensions and properties.
- Review contract documents to understand project’s scope and requirements, identify all potential areas of concern and prepare Request For Information (RFI’s) as required.
- Interpret and incorporate Approval Comments, Contract Changes and other revisions into the scope of the project.
- Prepare all necessary lists, documents or files (shop & field bolts, galvanized pieces, CNC files, etc.) to the appropriate department in support of the project.
- Supervise a team of detailers.
- 5+ years’ experience with structural steel.
- Knowledge and experience with SDS/2 or Tekla, AutoCAD, DESCON and MATHCAD.
- Knowledge of AWS welding practices and procedures as well as a working knowledge of shop and erection equipment and practices.
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.