Goal of position:
The person in this position must be able to create and develop steel models and prepare fabrication drawings. Working hours are from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with some overtime required occasionally.
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering;
- 5+ years’ experience with structural steel;
- Knowledge and experience with SDS/2 or Tekla, AutoCAD, DESCON and MATHCAD;
- Knowledge of AWS/CWB welding practices and procedures as well as a working knowledge of shop and erection equipment and practices;
- Member of OIQ or PEO;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products;
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.Candidates outside the continental United States and Canada will not be considered
- Create and develop structural steel models based on the contract documents using SDS/2 steel detailing software;
- Prepare fabrication (shop) drawings and erection drawings as required;
- Help to coordinate projects and/or check drawings prepared by others;
- Maintain a current working knowledge and understanding of the latest version of the AISC/CISC Steel Construction Manual as it relates to connection design, detailing practices, steel member dimensions and properties;
- Review contract documents to understand project’s scope and requirements, identify all potential areas of concern and prepare Request For Information (RFI’s) as required;
- Interpret and incorporate Approval Comments, Contract Changes and other revisions into the scope of the project;
- Prepare all necessary lists, documents or files (shop & field bolts, galvanized pieces, CNC files, etc.) to the appropriate department in support of the project;
- Participate in the quality management program.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website
To apply for this job please visit jitech.prevueaps.com.