POSITION: STEEL DETAILER
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: PROJECT MANAGER
LOCATION: CANADA AND USA
Candidates outside the continental United States and Canada will not be considered
Goal of position:
The person in this will perform as a full-time remote employee position must be able to create and develop steel models and prepare fabrication drawings. Working hours are from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with some overtime required occasionally.
- 10+ years’ professional experience detailing structural steel using software SDS/2 3D steel detailing software;
- Certified Engineering Technician or Technologist is an asset;
- Some schooling or practical experience in reviewing/analyzing/interpreting professional drawings such as architectural, structural or mechanical drawings;
- Knowledge of AWS/CWB welding practices and procedures as well as a working knowledge of shop and erection equipment and practices;
- Knowledge and experience working with CISC/AISC codes;
- Dedicated team player with good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Create and develop structural steel models based on the contract documents using SDS/2 steel detailing software;
- Prepare fabrication (shop) drawings and erection drawings as required;
- Help to coordinate projects and/or check drawings prepared by others;
- Maintain a current working knowledge and understanding of the latest version of the AISC/CISC Steel Construction Manual as it relates to connection design, detailing practices, steel member dimensions and properties;
- Review contract documents to understand project’s scope and requirements, identify all potential areas of concern and prepare Request For Information (RFI’s) as required;
- Interpret and incorporate Approval Comments, Contract Changes and other revisions into the scope of the project;
- Prepare all necessary lists, documents or files (shop & field bolts, galvanized pieces, CNC files, etc.) to the appropriate department in support of the project;
- Participate in the quality management program.
Must possess a valid work permit for Canada or USA. Any candidate who does not currently possess a valid work permit will not be considered;
Must residing in the continental United States or Canada. Candidates outside the continental United States and Canada will not be considered;
Must have a home-office environment, wired internet connection with a minimum of 10mg upload speed, insurance coverage against theft, liability, and property damage.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website