Canadian Institute of Steel Construction
Web & Digital Media Coordinator
Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Industry Development, the Web and Digital Media Coordinator plays a central role in contributing to the innovation, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancements of the CISC’s marketing communications, promotions, digital advertising, and membership initiatives.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Designing, developing, maintaining, integrating, upgrading, updating and troubleshooting various websites (incorporating updated communications and marketing strategies).
- Planning and designing electronic media items for e-brochures, email campaigns, banners, call backs, signage, posters, invitations, mobile applications, and other materials as required.
- Video production (arranging video shoots, producing in-house podcasts and webinars, editing media files, creating graphics and animations, and publishing videos to websites and various social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Yammer, Twitter).
- Photography for marketing materials, platforms, events and other purposes.
- Developing, reviewing, updating and distributing the visual identity program and graphic standards to various units and vendors for wide use.
- Participating and contributing to discussions about the appropriateness of applications, equipment and tools being considered.
- Interviewing and writing blog posts, emails and marketing content particularly geared to the steel construction industry, membership, stakeholders or CISC programs.
- Coordinating development content for publications and courses.
- Monitoring and uploading the content and advertising on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other platforms, including ongoing lead generation campaigns.
- Responsible for advancing the brand and reputation by providing strategic advice and counsel to senior management.
- Disseminating news.
- Developing and implementing internal and external communications, strategic marketing, special events. and developing strong relationships with key constituency groups.
- The position involves servicing and liaising with all internal departments and association committees and sub-committees.
- Understanding the different priorities and dealing diplomatically with various personalities and agendas.
A university or college degree in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Digital Media or English, with an emphasis on written communications and/or digital marketing. This education equivalency is in addition to the experiential requirements outlined below.
One to two years of directly related work experience in marketing and communications, both developing and coordinating collateral for visual representation and digital publishing, in a large organization. Practical experience with navigation and development of websites and social media platforms, digital marketing, content management, graphic design, corporate audio/video production, photography, marketing and/or communications. Experience dealing courteously and effectively with the public within a service-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated advanced writing and storytelling skills with commensurate proof-reading and editing skills and ability to write to diverse audiences.
- Advanced skills in design software, including Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Dreamweaver, Photoshop and Illustrator) to produce digital materials that is standard AODA compliance.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, among others) plus advanced email and internet skills especially for research, communications, information transmission and presentations to internal clients and external partners.
- Advanced skills using digital photography, audio and video, and importing these files into digital artwork to produce print materials, website pages, email blasts, social media content and other media files.
- Advanced skills in audio and video editing software to produce video, animations, pages, email campaigns, social media content and other media files.
- Advanced knowledge of scheduling and organizing digital content.
- Advanced skills with all social media platforms, social media scheduling, hashtag mining, listening, discussion forums, wikis, blogs and search engine optimization (SEO) to enhance and promote website pages, campaigns, social media content and other media files, including any digital media.
- Experience with building, executing, and monitoring paid digital campaigns on Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram platforms in their business manager dashboards.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing performance measurement, benchmarking, and ROI analysis (formal training required) with advanced knowledge of using social media insight tools to export key performance metrics for success reports.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to work independently, meet deadlines, coordinate a number of projects simultaneous in response to changing or conflicting priorities.
- Attending accurately to details and working effectively under pressure of high volume under competing time demands because of multiple, overlapping projects.
- Working effectively in a team environment while also being highly self-directed.
- Demonstrating a willingness to learn new technology and engage in continuous learning of current and emerging technology and innovations in web design and development.
- Exercising high levels of tact and diplomacy, as well as the ability to deal courteously and effectively with clients and colleagues, often in pressure-oriented and difficult situations, to obtain information and provide communications services.
- Demonstrating excellent attendance and punctuality required. and
- Web browsers and common tools: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, WordPress, Constant Contact, MailChimp, Microsoft Teams, Sprout Social, Canva, and Hootsuite,
- Experience and technical expertise with brand and/or identity design, user experience design process and deliverables an asset.