The well-being of our members, employees, volunteers and event attendees continue to be a top priority.
In response to recommendations from the government and public health officials that all Canadians self-isolate to reduce the spread of COVID-19, we have taken steps to ensure continuing professional support to our members.
Professional Support to Our Members & Associates
All CISC staff are working remotely from home. Our staff remain fully available during business hours, and we will continue to provide a complete range of professional support and services to our Members & Associates.
Rescheduling In-Person Experiences
Where postponements have occurred, registrants will be contacted with new dates which will be confirmed once government officials indicate that normal business and meeting practices can resume. For now, please see below CISC event updates:
- The Canadian Steel Conference – Postponed to September 2021
- CISC-CSCE Canadian National Steel Bridge Competition – Postponed to 2021
- CISC Quebec Steel Symposium – Postponed to Fall 2020
- All-Trades Symposium – Cancelled
- CISC BC Steel Design Awards – Postponed to October 20, 2020
- Skills Ontario Career Exploration Showcase and Young Women’s Conference – Cancelled
- 41st Annual CISC Ontario Golf Day – Postponed to September 9th, 2020
Keeping you Informed
We will continue to communicate with you regularly. In the meantime, stay healthy and please follow the advice of public health officials during this time.
The Prime Minister announced on June 1st that the Federal Government would be fast tracking to $2.2 billion in annual Gas Tax funding to municipalities to help with jump-starting the economy post-COVID.
Infrastructure and Communities Minister Catherine McKenna released further details on this in the form of a breakdown of the allocated funding by municipality. Please find the full and comprehensive list of allocations listed by province below.