POSITION: PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER (STRUCTURAL)
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: PROJECT MANAGER
LOCATION: CANADA AND USA
Candidates outside the continental United States and Canada will not be considered
Since 2004, JITECH has been offering leading-edge solutions to a diversified clientele seeking innovative, concrete and pragmatic solutions. Our firm, with presence in Canada, Mexico and United States, includes determined Steel Detailers and Engineers whose work revolves around five main fields: oil and gas, mining, material handling, metallurgy, and bridges. At JITECH, we look for original ideas by uniting people of different origins, educations, and sometimes different opinions. This combination of experiences gives rise to unconventional ideas that are often the basis of innovative solutions. JITECH encourages its employees to maintain a balanced life that leaves time for activities outside the office. This allows our clients to count on Engineers and Steel detailers who are energetic and enthusiastic and ready to face our clients’ challenges. We firmly believe that Engineers and Steel detailers, who work 18 hours a day, seven days a week, are not capable of creative thought. All employees at JITECH must participate to the quality management program.
Goal of position:
To produce designs of steel structures using RISA analytical software and to supervise and assist in the preparation of structural steel construction and fabrication drawings. To design joints between structural steel elements using SDS/2 software as well as other conventional methods. To assist and supervise the preparation of shop fabrication drawings.
The person in this position will work as a full-time employee. Working hours are from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with some overtime required occasionally.
- Bachelor in Civil Engineering;
- 5 + years of professional experience in structural steel connection design;
- 5 + years of professional experience in structural steel analysis and design;
- Knowledge and experience with SDS/2, Tekla, AutoCAD, Descon, MATHCAD, Revit, and RISA is an asset;
- Knowledge of AWS/CWB welding practices and procedures as well as a working knowledge of shop and erection equipment and practices;
- Knowledge and experience working with CISC/AISC codes;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products;
- Dedicated team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Create and develop structural steel models based on customer’s specifications using RISA software;
- Design bolted and welded joints for structural members;
- Produce hand calculations and reports;
- Help to coordinate projects and/or check drawings prepared by others;
- Maintain a current working knowledge and understanding of the latest version of the AISC/CISC Steel Construction Manual as it relates to connection design, detailing practices, steel member dimensions and properties.;
- Review contract documents to understand project’s scope and requirements, identify all potential areas of concern and prepare Request For Information (RFI’s) as required;
- Interpret and incorporate Approval Comments, Contract Changes and other revisions into the scope of the project;
- Supervise a team of detailers;
- Participate in the quality management program.
Must possess a valid work permit for Canada or USA. Any candidate who does not currently possess a valid work permit will not be considered;
Must residing in the continental United States or Canada. Candidates outside the continental United States and Canada will not be considered;
Certified Professional Engineer (P.E.) license for any state of the United States of America or Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) license for any Province of Canada is required;
Must have a home-office environment, wired internet connection with sufficient bandwidth, insurance coverage against theft, liability, and property damage.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.