Website Apex Structural Design Ltd.
POSITION: Steel Detailer – Intermediate Tekla Detailer
Apex Structural Design Ltd. is seeking an intermediate Steel Detailer for full time employment in our Red Deer office. We offer competitive rates depending upon experience and employment includes a comprehensive benefits package. Moving expenses and start dates are negotiable.
Location: Red Deer, Alberta
- Diploma or degree from a recognized post-secondary educator in Steel Detailing, Drafting, Architectural Technology, Civil Design, or Mechanical Design.
- Minimum of 3 years Steel detailing experience
- Minimum of one year of direct experience using Tekla for Steel Detailing
- Experience detailing structural steel for commercial buildings, stairs, handrails, and miscellaneous metals.
- Work with Tekla for design and detailing all projects handled by Apex Structural Design Ltd. including structural steel, miscellaneous metals and specialty projects.
- Learn and follow Apex methods, standard and procedures for Detailing, Checking, Model Management, and Project Management.
- Work with Fabricators, Designers, Developers and other trades for the completion of all projects.
- Interpret and detail from consultant drawings, connection design, project information and design sketches
- Participate in design-assist detailing and the BIM process as dictated by project requirements.
- Participate in online project and design meetings.
- Work with peers and in teams when required.
- Self Checking and checking of work from your peers.
- Aid in training and education of your peers.
- Prepare and organize RFI’s, schedules, work packages, and submittal packages.
- Ensure technical accuracy and quality of all connections, drawings, and details produced.
- Conduct and represent yourself and out customers in a professional manner.
– Position is open to all applicants that are currently legally able to reside and work within.
– Applicants seeking subcontract work or remote employment will not be considered.