Website NUCOR VULCRAFT CANADA
Vulcraft Canada is seeking qualified candidates for our Technical Sales Team. The ideal candidate would have a firm understanding of Steel Design concepts and blueprint reading skills. The primary function of the position is to design the roof/floor structure of a building, for pricing purposes, based on the applicable design codes and the relevant design documents.
Compensation consists of base salary plus benefits and a ROA bonus.
EIT (Engineer In Training) or P.Eng
– Take care of our customers
– Preliminary design of Vulcraft products
– Estimate joists and decking from contract documents
– Review design output from software for design accuracy
– Ensure proper documentation of relevant design requirements for accurate quoting.
– Communicate project requirements and expectations with customers, architects, engineers, contractors, and Vulcraft teammates
– Assist others in sales and service through coordination of engineering, fabrication, and delivery of our products
– Travel to meet with customers in Ontario and Eastern Canada and occasional site visits
– Bachelor’s Degree, or 3-year Diploma from an accredited university or college in Civil Engineering, or related field
– Ability to plan, prioritize, and organize consistently and effectively within a team environment
– Strong commitment to Safety in all job aspects
– Outstanding leadership skills
– Strong written and verbal communication skills
– Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
– Exceptional skills in negotiation and relationship building
– Excellent math skills in geometry and trigonometry
– Strong ability to analyze and think strategically
– Proficiency in utilizing computer resources to maximize effectiveness and efficiency
– Ability to travel within Canada and the U.S.
– Two or more years of experience in the steel joist and deck industry
– Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certified
– Steel Joist and Decking Sales: 2 years (Preferred)