Website Algonquin Bridge Limited
POSITION: Bridge Engineer
Location: Thorndale, ON N0M2P0, CAN
Based in Thorndale, Ontario, Algonquin Bridge Ltd. designs and supplies a wide variety of innovative steel bridge solutions across Canada.
At Algonquin Bridge we value integrity, excellence, innovation and a ‘can do’ attitude. We look for team members who are collaborative, accountable, curious and committed in everything they do. If this sounds like you, then you will enjoy working at Algonquin.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Bridge Engineer is responsible for performing such duties as: design of steel panel and custom prefabricated bridges and abutment systems. Ideally, the Bridge Engineer has a minimum of 8 years of experience in bridge design.
- Prepares and reviews designs, drawings and related engineering documents.
- Seal drawings and letters of certification in all primary markets.
- Supervises the preparation and review of contract drawings and documents to assist the sales team to create project proposals.
- Provides feedback and advice to management and other project leads regarding the technical and structural aspects of company projects.
- Creates innovative ideas to enhance our product offering.
- Analysis of competitor’s products to leverage our competitive advantages.
- Develops technical reviews and provides recommendations regarding designs and reports prepared by consulting engineers.
- Provide value engineered solutions.
- Ensure quality output in line with the expectations of the company.
- P. Eng. registered in Ontario with ideally 8+ years of Civil/Structural Engineering experience. Licenses in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick would be an asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering required.
- Familiar with current design software (RISA, IdeaStatica), drawing tools (AutoCAD, Solidworks) and applicable design codes (CSA S-6, AASHTO LRFD).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian Engineering standards.
- Ability to optimize designs and product costs to help win projects against competitors.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to create alternative solutions to problems.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.ca.